The Institute for Natural Medicine is pleased to partner with Christian Gonzalez, ND, host of the popular podcast Heal Thy Self, for our Low Toxin Living series. In this webinar series, Dr. Gonzalez interviews leading experts in naturopathic medicine and toxin exposure. He predicts that a toxin tidal wave is close at hand because of the uptick of chemicals that are bodies are bombarded with every day.
What can you do? A lot. As you will hear in these webinars, there are so many changes you can make to take control of your toxin exposure. Many solutions are inexpensive and very easy to accomplish. Get out your notebook, these webinars are full of so much good information that you will want to take notes.
Click on the image to get started with Part 1 of INM’s Low Toxin Living Series.
In part one of this series, Dr. Gonzalez takes you into his home and offers common sense tips on what you can do to reduce your exposure to toxins in your home. What you will learn:
- What are environmental toxins?
- How do they affect your health?
- What does the science say about toxin exposure? And, why do scientists not always agree on what is toxic?
- Is my water clean? What should I do to rid water of potential toxins?
- How do the residues in food affect my health?
- What role do cleaning products play in toxin exposure?
- Which natural ingredients can replace commercially produced cleaning products?
- What are the other things in my home that might expose me to polluting chemicals?
- Do I need an air filter in my house for good air quality?
- What about mold and micro-toxins?
Dr. Gonzalez/ With a personal history that touched his life in the area of Cancer, Dr. Gonzalez realized how important preventative, holistic solutions are to our wellbeing instead of trying to heal an illness after it has occurred. This led him to pursue a medical career that would focus on how to use nutrition, supplementation, movement, sleep, community, and mental and emotional healing modalities to maintain one’s overall health reset, as well as heal imbalances and illnesses.
A graduate of the University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine, Bridgeport, CT, Dr. Gonzalez initially focused on cancer care and research. After seeing there was an opportunity to do so much more to help both prevent cancer, as well as treat it holistically, he went on to practice as a general healthcare practitioner. In a desire to empower people to take control of their health, he chose to take everything he had learned over his studies, with his patients, and in his clinical research experience and become an educator. You can now listen to the Heal Thy Self podcast with Dr. Gonzalez every Friday where he shares wellness solutions reviews the brands that work… and the ones that don’t!
This content is sponsored by the Institute for Natural Medicine, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, partnered with the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians. INM’s mission is to transform healthcare in America by increasing both public awareness of naturopathic medicine and access to naturopathic doctors for patients. INM believes that naturopathic medicine, with its unique principles and practices, has the potential to reverse the tide of chronic illness that overwhelms existing health care systems and to empower people to achieve and maintain their optimal lifelong health. INM strives to achieve this mission through the following initiatives:
- Education – Reveal the unique benefits and outcomes of naturopathic medicine
- Access – Connect patients to licensed naturopathic doctors
- Research – Expand quality research of this complex and comprehensive system of medicine